About Me

My photo
A little about my artwork: I interpret the words written on a page by telling the story behind the story working with pen and ink, watercolor and Photoshop, I fuse old techniques with modern ones to create a world that every drawing can speak to a child or grownups.

Monday, August 13, 2012

Illustration Friday "Freeze"


Illustration Friday word challenge
"Freeze"
My illustration selection for this week is not something new.
This is a page from a picture book I illustrated called
"Colors"
written by Dana Warren
illustrated by Stephen Macquignon
published by 4RV Publishing


Review by Sally Pink:

"Colors" will engage toddlers and preschoolers with a vivid array of colors and schemes that will stimulate their imagination. Thanks to Ms. Warren's script, the words flow as effortlessly as Macquignon's illustrations.


7 comments:

  1. Freeeeezzzzinnnnnggg!!! Great sense of chill and cold. Love your strange and unusual character too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I think "Cool!" is an appropriate response to this one.... ;) Love his steamy breath!!! You KNOW its cold from that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the line/text for this page of the book was "Blue is Cold"

      Delete
  3. A cold color, nice idea. Really like how you did the ice and the cool breath.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!
    I have been enjoying all of your talents

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting contrast of textures to play off the cool blue.
    .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...