About Me

My photo
A little about my artwork: I interpret the words written on a page by telling the story behind the story working with pen and ink, watercolor and Photoshop, I fuse old techniques with modern ones to create a world that every drawing can speak to a child or grownups.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Breakdown

This is the breakdown from sketch to ink drawing from "The Marshmallow Man"; it kind of speaks for its self. I like to keep the artwork looking fresh.




Sketch

part of Storyboard


You can see I don’t waist a lot of time with a clean pencil drawing. I rather add in the details as I ink my artwork and save time. Why draw it twice?


page 8 Pencil



page 9 Pencil




Using a Light box I ink the drawing onto a clean heavy stock drawing paper at one time I would have inked it onto watercolor paper but that was a long time ago now that I color digitally.

page 8 Ink


page 9 Ink


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...